Potent is powered by Vocal.
Vocal is a platform that provides storytelling tools and engaged communities for writers, musicians, filmmakers, podcasters, and other creators to get discovered and fund their creativity.
How does Vocal work?
Creators share their stories on Vocal’s communities. In return, creators earn money when they are tipped and when their stories are read.
How do I join Vocal?
Vocal welcomes creators of all shapes and sizes. Join for free and start creating.
To learn more about Vocal, visit our resources.Show less
Stoned Alone is “A Christmas Miracle.”
Harold and Kumar will meet Home Alone when Ryan Reynolds sets out to produce his film Stoned Alone.
As the 25th of December grows closer, silver screens everywhere are lighting up with Christmas specials. Amongst the holiday flicks is Home Alone. Released in 1990, Home Alone followed Kevin McCallister played by Macaulay Culkin as he defended his home from thieves. Spawning several sequels, Home Alone has become an iconic part of Christmases everywhere. Home Alone 2 saw Macaulay reprise his role as Kevin McCallister this time lost in New York. Home Alone 3 the next installment in the series was the last to maintain a theatrical release this time following the adventures of Alex Pruitt a boy home alone from school for several days. Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House (2002) saw the return of Kevin McCallister this time played by Mike Weinberg followed by the television film Home Alone: The Holiday Heist. Now it seems the theme of the film will be revisited once again. Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds is set to produce and possibly act in an upcoming movie titled Stoned Alone.
According to several sources, online the film is set to focus on a “twenty-something weed growing loser who misses the plane for this holiday ski trip. He makes the best of things by getting high. Paranoia sets in and he believes he hears someone break into his house. Turns out thieve’s have broken in. Fully stoned and fuelled by paranoia, he tries to thwart the thieves and defend his castle” (Fleming). The film will reprise the theme of Home Alone. While abandoning the more innocent nature of earlier films this time, Stoned Alone is maintaining content associated with more restrictive content.
Following the success of Deadpool 2, which was the highest grossing R-rated film of all time, Reynolds is now on course to bring his black comedy to a new genre maintaining a place amongst other raunchy Christmas comedies. Aligning itself more closely with that of Bad Santa and a Very Harold and Kumar Christmas.
Although unconfirmed, inspiration for the film may come from a comic strip released in 2016. The strip follows a character James Bong as he fends off thieves through the assistance of marijuana’s calming effect.
Although little is known in reference to the plot information provided has suggested the film will focus on a pot-smoking enthusiast who misses his plane ride. One may presume inspiration for the film may come from a comic strip released several years earlier. The thematic elements of Cheech and Chong will be greeted by Home Alone with Reynolds' Stoned Alone project.
- A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas. Directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson. Performances by John Cho, Kal Penn. Warner Brothers Pictures. 2011.
- Bad Santa. Directed by Terry Zwigoff. Performances by Billy Bob Thornton, Tony Cox, Lauren Graham, Brett Kelly, Lauren Tom, John Ritter Bernie Mac. Columbia Pictures. 2003.
- “Cannabis Comics Stoned Alone James Bong Cannabis Crusader.” Stonerdays. December 26, 2017.
- Fleming, Jr Mike. “Ryan Reynolds at Center of Home Alone Revise; Augustine Frizzel to Helm R-Comedy Stoned Alone.”Deadline. July 25, 2018.
- Home Alone. Directed by Christopher Columbus. Performances by Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, John Herald, Catherine O'Hara, and John Candy. 20 Century Fox. 1990.
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Directed by Christopher Columbus. Performances by Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, John Herald, Catherine O’Hara, and John Candy. 20th Century Fox. 1992.
- Home Alone 3: Directed by RaJa Gosnell. Performances by Alex D. Linz, Haviland Morris. 20th Century Fox. 1997.
- Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House. Directed by Rod Daniel. Performances by Mike Weinberg, French Stewart, Missi Pyle, Jason Beghe, Erick Avari, Barbara Babcock, Joana Going, Clare Carey. 20th Television. 2003.
- Home Alone: The Holiday Heist. Directed by Peter Hewitt. Performances by Christian Martin, Eddie Steeples, Jodelle Ferland, Doug Murray, Ellie Harvey, Debie Mazer, Malcolm McDowell. 20th Television. 2012.